Monday, April 16, 2012

I’m not an expert but if you pay attention to what women say when they are about the kind of man they want, they will say many things. I have many close girlfriends (just friends ) and whenever I ask them what type of qualities they want in a man, they will say many things that are the same, and sometimes things that are totally opposite. For example, one of them loves a guy with chest hair, while the other one can’t stand it. Though it may be not appropriate to define
chest hair as a quality, I’m sure you can imagine how different, in fact how opposite some women can be. As there are differences, there are also similar traits that you see in women. And this similar traits lead women to want similar things in a man. But something stood out of all those similar things because I heard the word from almost every girl friend I talked to. Guess what magic word is? It's CARING!
Now, Oxford dictionary doesn’t actually define caring but it just says caring is derivative of the word ‘Care’.
So what does caring mean, was my obvious question and the answer was usually similar. To put it in simple English, a caring man is a man who cares for his women. When I say care, I mean somebody, who will say I love you, who will bring his women breakfast in bed (when she wants and sometimes just as a surprise), a man who offers help even if he won’t be that much helpful (Kitchen stuff), a man who knows when his women is tired and maybe carry her bag, or make a cup of tea and tell her torests, take her to a nice dinner or a trip to sodere in the weekends, call her Hode, Mare (Honey), Qonjit (Beautiful) ‘Yene fikir’ (My love)…, the list doesn’t end but I’m sure you get the point.
After they tell me all this things, I always same thing which always has the same response.
I always say, if a man becomes like that, women will definitely get bored after a while. Somebody who says, ‘Min lihunilish (What do you want me to be), Linetefilish (let me be a carpet for you),  librerilish (Let me fly for you)….’,  will definitely lose his women to someone who doesn’t do all this things all the time but still does them when necessary. And the response I get, ‘I know that most Ethiopian men think like that. Foreign men will take care of you unlike Ethiopian men”.  That’s the answer I got from almost every friend I talked to. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind calling my girlfriend ‘Yene fikir (My love) ’ but I’m just saying there is a level where you stop being like that because I don’t want it to be like a job, an obligation but rather something I want to do, something I do willingly. So am I the only wrong man who has that mentality and is it true that women won’t be bored if you say all those things all the time?

Leave me your comments and let me know what you think.
Tags - www ethiopian  www ethiopia  to ethiopia  for ethiopia  www ethiopians  www ethiopians  to ethiopians  for ethiopians

0 comments:

Ads

Recommended Post Slide Out For Blogger